Monday, June 22, 2009

Here I am

I was looking through some old papers and found this poem. I wrote it quite a while ago, but wanted to share it.


Here I am alone, standing
in the fire. Instead of laying
at Your feet, I’m weary, Lord, I’m
tired.
I’ve dropped my sword in battle, frightened
by the cost, bombarded by my failure, I fear
the war is lost.

No longer able, Lord, to run
I drop upon my knees. I cry
to You, “This burden, Lord, is
just too much for me. I cannot
carry anymore; I cannot bear it, Lord.
It seems I’m just not strong enough
– a casualty of war.”

Amidst my bitter cries, I hear a stirring sound. I look
out of my darkness and see angels all around.
His gentle hand before me, I’m lifted to my feet.
Standing there, forgiven, my sword’s returned to me.

He said:
“Fight on my sweet and weary child, I’ve not forsaken you.
Because you did not trust My Word, your burdens crippled you.
I offer you unceasing rest and strength to stand
once more. Remember do not lose your hope,
for I have won the war.”
©1990


My Dearest Protector, help me to trust in the unfailing power of Your Word. My hope is in You.


Check out: Ephesians 6:14-18

No comments:

Post a Comment