Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Deep: Part V


Continuing on with James 4:7-10.

The second part of verse 7 literally reads:
B) Stand against and oppose the traducer, the slanderer, Satan, and he will run away from you and shun you because he dislikes you.

For years, I listened to the lies and accusations of the enemy. I was the one always running away, but scripture says it is supposed to be the other way around. We need to stand against and oppose Satan. But how do we do that?

This past year, the Lord has been trying to teach me something about opposing the lies of the enemy. I’ve begun to recognize some of them, such as “You’ll never get victory over that sin; you know you won’t.” Or my favorite: “No one ever appreciates you - all they do is use you; they don’t care if you have a need - all they ever want is to have their needs taken care of.” We have all felt the deep hurtful feelings that surround and come over us and hold us like a tight grip.
The Lord desires us to oppose it, to reject it instead of embrace and agree with it, to stand against the lies. When we begin to feel the weight of the enemy’s lies against us, we need to declare God’s Truth: The Lord has redeemed me. I am crucified with Christ. I am a new creation in Christ.
This is not the "if I think, therefore, I am" philosophy. It has to do with declaring God's Word - about you, about Him. Many have reduced this speaking out of God's truth to a kind of superstitious mantra. It's not mind over matter. It is the release of the living Word of God over my life as I submit to Him.

Is there a possibility that certain outward circumstances may never change? Sure there is, but we are not to live under the weight of that burden. As we daily stand firm, rejoicing in the love, mercy and grace we have been given, our firm grasp on the Truth leaves no room to hold on to the lies.

We are under the protective shadow of the Father’s wings and will no longer answer the call of the enemy and allow his words to take root within us.

Father of my heart, I surround myself with Your Words and Your whisperings to my soul. I am Your child. I hear Your voice and listen.

Check out: Psalm 29: 4-11

No comments:

Post a Comment