Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day Fourteen: Give Direction


Give … Direction

You've been a good apprentice to me, a part of my teaching, my manner of life, direction , faith, steadiness, love, [and] patience 2Ti 3:10

You were all called to travel on the same road and in the same direction, so stay together, both outwardly and inwardly. Eph 4:4

Do you have a good sense of direction? If you get lost, are you able to quickly get back on track? Some people joke about a man’s apparent dislike for asking for directions when lost, but, in reality, the tendency to want to find our own way back and resist direction transcends gender.

It is a garden-sin, infused deep within the human heart and mind. When Adam and Eve disobeyed God and distanced themselves from His intended direction for mankind, a rift was created – man was now on his own track, going in the opposite direction – away from intimacy, away from connection, and away from the Father’s embrace.

Fortunately for the human race, God created a way to find us, turn us around, and direct us back to the garden where relationship and intimacy could be restored. Direction requires a compass. Where is your true north? Where are you headed?

Father-God, lead me by your gracious hand into the depths of your rest. Direct my path and lead me in the way I should go. Show me how to take others along.

No comments:

Post a Comment