Friday, December 4, 2009

Day Three: Give Time



Give … Time
I want each of you to take plenty of time to think it over, and make up your own mind what you will give. That will protect you against sob stories and arm-twisting. God loves it when the giver delights in the giving. 2Co 9:7

“I don’t have time” seems to be the mantra of our lives. We have too much to do and too little time in which to do it. Whenever we think of giving, money is the first thing that comes to our minds. But what about giving the gift of time? I’m not talking clocks or watches here. I mean setting aside time like a gift – an hour helping an overwhelmed young mother with her laundry, or an afternoon tea with a new neighbor.
I know what you’re thinking: “I’m too busy-I don’t even have enough time for myself!” Start with the time God gives you.- Use the time God has already placed in your hands. He is, after all, the eternal, author of time.

Father-God, open my eyes to those lost moments that could lead someone towards eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment