Monday, December 21, 2009

Day Twenty-One: Give Guidance


Give … Guidance

You're my cave to hide in, my cliff to climb. Be my safe leader, be my true mountain guide. Ps 31:3

But I'll take the hand of those who don't know the way, who can't see where they're going. I'll be a personal guide to them, directing them through unknown country. I'll be right there to show them what roads to take, make sure they don't fall into the ditch. These are the things I'll be doing for them-- sticking with them, not leaving them for a minute." Isa 42:16

Have you ever been in a strange place and had to rely on a guide book? I have. It contains maps of highways to help you get around, reviews on hotels and restaurants, and critiques of places of interest– everything you need to know to have a good time.

As a Christian, our guide book is the Bible – it has everything we need to know to have a good time: life-maps that help us get around, reviews on rest and provision, and commentaries of the interesting places God will take us in our walk with Him.

If we follow God as our personal guide, we will never get lost. As others see us following Christ, we, in turn, become a guide for them and so on. Commit yourself to closely following Jesus – the direction and sureness of someone else’s path may depend on it.

Father-God, guide me in the way I should go. Minister your instruction to me as I travel on the path of life. May I guide as I am lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment