Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Current of God


We live in turbulent times. The waves of economic and professional uncertainty, global tensions, and relational anxieties crash over us on a daily basis. Too often we are swept away by this confusing current and left in a state of doubt and hopelessness.

The other day, I started thinking about water and the similarities between how it reacts and how I react. I know – it seems strange, but think about it:
Water reacts to the variables that surround it. It becomes hard when the temperature drops, its currents become stronger when the wind rises, and it boils and evaporates when the heat is turned up.

So I just had to ask: Am I as unstable as water in my personal walk with God?

I asked myself:

Does my heart become hard and unyielding when there is nothing external to “heat up” my emotions?

Do I become double-minded and distracted when the conflicting voices of the world swirl around me?

And do I get agitated and angry when life becomes difficult and unpredictable?


Lord, bring me to a place where it is not a matter of what I should feel or who I should be, but to what I do feel and who I actually am. Stabilize my heart

Check out: Isaiah 40:3-5

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Where do you get this stuff? God, I know!!!!!

    ReplyDelete