Monday, November 30, 2009

Day One: Give of Yourself



Give … of yourself

Once the commitment is clear, you do what you can, not what you can't. The heart regulates the hands.
2Co 8:12

Before we are able to truly give to others, we must be willing to give ourselves, our very lives to God. It is only in His power that radical transformation and forgiveness can take the dust of failure and inadequacy and create restorative, beautiful redemption.
It is through this inner beauty, shaped and nurtured by the Spirit’s gentle movement, that we begin to understand the very intimate nature of giving the way God intended.

Father-God, I give myself to you now. Forgive me and make me whole. I accept your son, Jesus, as a sacrifice and make him Lord of my life and Savior of my soul. In giving myself to you, I am able to give of myself to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment